My Blog List

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Critique on top 16

In groups we discussed each individuals top 16 dot designs and gave suggestions on way to improve them.  The group suggested that I change up several of my circles to different sizes since I used quite a few that were of similar size. Also I, tended to place my circles in groups, the eye tended to want to go to a certain place on the page. It was suggested that I space them out more or fill the whole square up.

Then we sorted the top 16 into the 4 categories (proximity, similarity, continuance, and closure). A lot of mine weren't placed in the category i had originally thought they belonged to. Several I didn't agree with but others I could see how they thought it belonged there...



to the left is the final 4 that the group chose and to the right is my actual final 4 that I am going to be using. I switched out the bottom right design for proximity because I thought the one I'm replacing it with used up more space. This worked better in my final 4.

1 comment:

  1. good selection and adjustment to your final four.

    "I switched out the bottom right design for proximity because I thought the one I'm replacing it with used up more space. This worked better in my final 4. "

    Be more specific. ie why is it important that the one you picked out "used up more space." I realize you've told me that this was important to the group of four, but why is this important to the set. spell it out to me (assume i am a little daft)

    ReplyDelete