My Blog List

Sunday, September 12, 2010

2D project part 2


My thumbnails that I sketched out during class last week.









After I finished sketching out my thumbnails, I began looking through all of them in order to pick out my top 8. My goal was to get a variety for both categories (playful, and periodic) that had variance in size and the amount of space occupied.



My Final 2 that I chose took a lot of consideration, i would pick one that i thought was perfect then i would look back at my top 8 and say "or maybe this one..." Eventually I was able to choose.

To the left is my choice for Periodic. I chose this one in particular (besides the fact that I really like it!) since the squares are really orderly and straight plus the way I made it was the opposite of my playful one where the squares are white rather than black...well technically I drew 4 black lines that created the look of 5 white squares! The interrelationship used was subtraction.

Below is my choice for Playful. I really liked this one since it looks like the final small block is about to fall off and join the others below. It reminded me of the rhetorical question that every kid hears"Now, if Johnny were to jump off the bridge would you follow him?"
The interrelationship used was touching.

No comments:

Post a Comment