My Blog List

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Critique-3D project

Overall the critique went pretty well,and I agreed with all the suggestions that were made.
The way I'm building my object is by building up in layers using spacers between the layers to give it more height. It was suggested that I polish it up and have smoother transitions between the layers. I completely agree with this suggestion, to fix this I'm planning on using an electric sander.

Another suggestion was to add more layers that vary in sizes for a more gradual change. I'm still thinking on whether to do this change or not. I agree that it would help with transitioning but I'm not sure if that is how i want to make the transitions between the layers. I'll see how it looks after i sand it down to the actual shape that I want, I'm hoping that when I sand the cardboard down that it will make the transitions smoother.

The last suggestion was to fill in that gaps that the spacers left.  Discussing this as a group we came up with several ideas that might work, but this is another suggestion that I'm still thinking on.I don't know if i actually want to fill in the gaps or not, it looks cool that way it is right now.

When my project is closer to being finished it will be a lot easier to make these decisions, right now there are so many different  directions i can take.

My motto for this week is: "one step at a time"

No comments:

Post a Comment