My Blog List

Monday, October 4, 2010

Texture Critique



The group overall liked my project. They particularly liked how i chose to have the background elevated instead of the dots which is good usage of negative space. But overall they thought it harmonized well and that the craftsmanship was good. The gestalt principle that was seen was closure.

Some improvements would be to make the smaller dot larger and to have the normal (not black background) newspaper be around the smaller dot, because the dot seemed to get lost.






Accordion book
The group liked my black and white design (which is the one I used for the project) and also the design that used dates and the days of the week in the upper left-hand corner, but it was decided that the design I  chose was the best. But the craftsmanship and the arrangement looked good.

I think my project turned out great, the only thing I would do different (besides the suggestions made by group) would be to have a little more variety in my designs... have some that come off the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment